[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time: 2017-02-06 08:17:36
| Show all posts
Edited by Bow at 2017-02-06 09:49

Using your dish mover to move the dish (write down the current counter number for Simon Bolevar.  To find other satellites its easiest to use the counter, I use my 4DTV (Motorola DSR-922) for my dish mover, test your particular mover as the (Counts per degree may be different)      (Get a piece of printer paper or tablet and write the numbers down after finding each new Satellite so you will have it for later reference)

You also want to bump the dish to peak the signal after you find new satellites and save them into your dish movers memory.

25   counts = 1 Degree of travel
50   counts = 2 Degrees of travel
75   counts = 3 Degrees of travel
100 counts = 4 Degrees of travel
125 counts = 5 Degrees of travel

Take your present count at Simon Bolevar at 78w and add 125 counts going west, if your mover counts similar to mine that will take you AMC9 at 83w which is 5 degrees of travel going west from Simon Bolevar.    AMC9 has a ton of FTA/Clear channels and continue to move west finding and saveing Satellites until you reach your West dish limit and then go back to Simon Bolevar and go East doing the same which will be a negative counter movements.     

There is a large dead area going East from Simon Bolevar, Intelsat 21 at 58w is the next good satellite to the East as there is a big dead area in the 60's area of the Satellite Arc (78w going East to 58w is a negative -500 counter numbers on my dish mover).

Here is a good website that shows the satellites along the arc over N. and S. America and you can click on them and see whats on them, you can use the degrees listed to figure out the counter numbers to move. - http://www.tvrosat.com/cgi-bin/portal_charts.cgi

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time: 2017-02-06 08:17:47
| Show all posts
Edited by Bow at 2017-02-06 08:44

Duplicat Post --- Deleted

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2017-02-07 11:20:03
| Show all posts
Bow you out there tonight?  Looking at tvrosat I see a lot of satellites that are not showing in the GSKYV7.  Do I manually add them?  I would also like to scan in the sling channels.  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time: 2017-02-07 17:24:12
| Show all posts
Edited by Bow at 2017-02-07 18:12

You are correct that some Satellites are missing on the GSky boxes, mainly they are Sats that only have FTA and no PowerVu on them or have nothing on them at all.  Evidently Gsky team decided not to load them.

Pretty simple to add Satellites on the V7, go to (Installation) and on the Sat list click the blue 'ADD' button and add the Satellite name and location and save it.   Then click the (OK) button to add the blue check mark and then do a Blind Scan.

I manually added two Satellites to my V7 box (Galaxy28 at 89w and Galaxy 3C at 95w).   Unfortunately it doesn't put them in order with the preloaded Satellites but instead it just adds them to the bottom of the Satellite list.     I deleted all the Eastern and Atlantic Satellites that were on the preloaded list that I can't reach that far East with my dish so that the ones I added are easier to find.   (Deleting the ones I can't get shortened the list considerably)

I have Sling (the small pkg as a backup and for a few channels like BBC America that is encrypted with Digicypher 2) but I was given a free ROKU player when I signed up so I haven't messed with trying to watch Sling on the V7 or V8 so I don't know about that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2017-02-08 08:23:04
| Show all posts
Just a quick question about setting the skew. Dish pointer shows to set the skew 2.6 degrees and an arrow indicating clockwise.  Is that facing the dish or is that standing behind the dish?  I assumed it was standing in front of the dish.  On the front of my dish is a bolt welded to a cam that I assume is where I would set the dish skew. But you know what they say about assuming.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time: 2017-02-08 09:30:46
| Show all posts
Edited by Bow at 2017-02-08 09:54

Dish adjustments including Skew is always as seen from behind the dish looking to the South.

The bolt welded to a Cam you mention really throws me, not sure what that is about so if you want post a picture.   These pics are what most typical Bud dishes have, but there are some old old dishes that are (Button Hook but thats a whole different situation)
As you can see the arms from the dish attach to the black scaler ring and the LNB or LNBF goes into the bore of that scaler ring.     East of Mississippi River you should have + Positive and as you said for your area its + 2.6 degrees, should be able to see some type scale on the back of the LNBF for Skew.

(Note the bolt going into the side used to lock the horn of the LNBF into place so it cannot move.

The (Focus Adjustment) photo is from what I mentioned a couple days ago on moving the LNBF in or out for peaking the signal and its based on the size/width and depth of the dish as some Bud dishes are shallow dished and some are deep dished and thats why I say its best to do it with a meter by hand.

skew_and_focus.JPG

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2017-02-08 10:45:42
| Show all posts
Here are some pics.  This is the best I can do tonight in fact I will not be able to get any day pics until friday.  I see the adjustment you are talking about is just with the LNB itself.  I was thinking of the skew of a little dish where you actually skew the dish and not the LNB.  I guess the adjustment I am talking about is actually for fine tuning?
dish1.JPG
cam1.JPG
side1.JPG

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2017-02-08 10:50:31
| Show all posts
When I installed the new LNB I remember there was a way to turn it but I didn't think much of it because to me it looked like it was going to be directly in the middle of the dish anyway.  I also set the LNB flush with the scaler ring.  I guess I will have to revisit that this weekend.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
Post time: 2017-02-08 11:30:03
| Show all posts
Edited by Bow at 2017-02-08 11:34

(You have a Button Hook BUD Dish)   LOL   Looks like an old Birdseye brand.  LOL

Button Hook dish's are good strong built dishes but they loose a tiny bit of Satellite Reception because of the LNB mount pole coming out of the center of the dish.   Looks like its in good shape though.  

Pictures 2 and 3 that attachment from the pole to the dish is called the (Polar Mount) that helps keep the dish tracking across the Arc, you do not want to mess with (make adjustments) on those two pivot connections.    I see the elevation stud (in the picture 3) you can see a Crescent wrench still on the adjustment nut.  LOL

Yes you are correct, you need to adjust the LNBF, found this pdf tonight should help you a lot.
    http://www.hypermegasat.com/LNBF%20Install%20Guide.pdf

Might go get a couple spray cans of (Black Rustoleum Paint) for the dish this summer, rust eats up BUD dish's.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits
 Author| Post time: 2017-02-08 12:04:24
| Show all posts
Edited by mux22 at 2017-02-08 12:19

The crescent on the elevation stud is mine.  I got this dish in Charlotte right before I moved.  there was an ad on craigslist the guy just wanted it out of his yard so I took it down and moved it here.  This has been a learning experience for me the entire way. I dug the hole set the post and mixed the concrete.  My son helped me put it back together.

The dish is in great condition, in fact I was able to use most of the original lag bolt when putting it back together.  The dish actually looks better in person than it does in the pictures.  About the paint my son wants to paint it to look like Captain America's shield and he also mentioned the death star but I don't want it to stand out anymore that it already does.  

As you can see in the picture 2 I have already made adjustments to the polar mount on the front but I can move it back to or close to where it was originally.  I hope I didn't completely mess myself up.

The link you posted is actually the exact LNB or LNBF that I have.  Hope that means I actually bought a good quality item. I did not use the scaler ring that came with the LNB because the original one looked to be better not only that the new one did not line up the same as the old one.  I guess I better use the new one, luckily I saved it just in case.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archive|Mobile|Dark room|PCTVLAB BBS

2019-09-20 13:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.842883 sec., 23 queries .